Tuesday, August 18, 2009

FAITH is Always NOW!

WHAT FAITH IS


I want you to pay particularly close attention to today's lesson because the concept of faith that I will share today is vital to you receiving what God has already provided for you. This area of faith is one of the most misunderstood teachings among supposedly "mature" Christians. Whenever I hear someone bragging about their years in the Lord, I often test their maturity with this measuring stick. The teaching I will share today is the heart reason for spiritual failure for those attempting at operating in faith.

FAITH IS ALWAYS NOW!
Here is the simple, powerhouse concept; "Faith is always now!" You can always tell whether you are operating in faith or hope by the "tense" you are in. If it is not NOW, it is not faith. Hebrews 11: 1 says "Now faith is..." It seems to be most difficult to people to get in the right spiritual tense.

SPIRITUAL GRAMMAR
I am presently completing my degree in professional communications and taking a course in written communications. We have been studying grammar, punctuation and so forth (there is hope for my writings, LOL). The professor went back to basics and reminded us of the basic tenses. There is past tense - something that has already happened; present tense - something that is happening now; and of course future tense -
something that is going to happen in the future. Which tense does Bible faith operate in according to Hebrews 11: 1? You got it right; Present tense!
We often say God is going to heal me. That is not faith because going to is future tense. The person of faith says; God has healed me by the stripes of Jesus so I AM HEALED NOW! (See 1 Peter 2: 24, Matthew 8: 17)

SATAN WANTS TO KEEP YOU IN THE WRONG TENSE!
Why is that so difficult? Because there is a being called the Devil or Satan who fights to keep you out of the "now realm of faith.
Faith is always present tense. The Bible says NOW FAITH IS!
In Hebrews 11: 1, the word faith is sandwiched between two present tense words - "now and is." I believe the Holy Spirit was trying to get the present tense nature of faith over to us in Hebrews 11: 1.
If you cannot say with conviction; I am healed NOW, you are not in Bible faith. Don't blame God when you don't see the manifestation. If you cannot boldly say; "My needs are met and my bills are paid NOW you are not in faith! Don't complicate it; it is simple. Either you are or you ain't as they say out in the country.

THE IMPORTANCE OF MARK 11: 24
Mark 11: 24 teaches us how to get answers to prayer by faith. Let's look at it closely.

Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them. Mark 11:24 (King James Version)


Folks, these are the teachings of Jesus, not some irresponsible faith idiot. Did Jesus know what He was talking about?
According to this verse, when are you supposed to believe or have faith?
In the past, present or future? Notice Jesus is teaching you to believe "when ye pray" or at the time of the request. WHEN YOU PRAY BELIEVE!
When do you believe or have faith?; When you get it? When it manifests? When you see it or feel it? No! When you pray, or NOW!
Many say; I won't say I am healed until I feel like I am healed.
That is not Bible faith. There is so little Real Bible Faith today in the Church that it is pathetic. I hear Christians all the time saying God is going to heal me. As Brother Hagin use to say; "I would rather hear a donkey bray at midnight in a tin barn..."

BIBLE FAITH IS ALWAYS NOW
Bible faith receives NOW at the time of prayer or when ye pray! If you are having a problem receiving from God this is the problem 99% of the time. We don't want to believe anything until we see it or feel it.
Take some time today, get your Bible out and meditate (think on) Hebrews 11: 1 and Mark 11: 24 and get in the right spiritual tense and you will see things get better in your life. Don't even try to apply this until it is real in your spirit. Just take 10 to 15 minutes and meditate on these verses. It will produce the peace of God which passes all understanding within you once you get in real faith. Real faith always produces peace.

LAZARUS - Past, Present, Future Tenses
Tomorrow we are going to barbecue a Sacred Cow by looking Jesus operating the now faith principle at the resurrection of Lazarus.
Jesus taught this at the time of the death of Lazarus.
Tomorrow we are going into some deeper spiritual waters. I want to show you how Mary and Martha caused Jesus much grief by operating in the wrong tenses of faith regarding the dead brother Lazarus. Here is a preview; Jesus wept, not because Lazarus was dead, but because of their unbelief. Have a faith filled day!

Communicate your faith! Share today's lesson with 3 other people!

________________________________________________
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11: 1

Live Well, Live Blessed!
Bernard

No comments:

Post a Comment